|Milestones & Meltdowns|
Event Type: Adult Program|
Age Group(s): Adult
Start Time: 11:00 AM
End Time: 12:00 PM
We will be hosting a Parent Group for anyone with a child from birth to age 3. Facilitating the group will be Christina Libby of Commonwealth Doula. While your little one is welcome to join, this group is for you, the parent. It is a time to talk about what is going great but also what isn't and holding space for all parents along their own rollercoaster of milestones and meltdowns. This is a space where you can find support, friendship, advice (when wanted...space to vent when not!), accountability (self care anyone?), self growth, and time to be with other adults. This is a space for moms and dads who work in or out of the home (we're counting parenting as the work we all know it to be here!). If you have a child under 3, whether they are your first or just most recent, this group is for you. Baby on the way? Come and get an idea of what to expect and how to be prepared.
The group will meet with a philosophy of “holding space,” which means walking alongside another in whatever journey they’re on without judging them, making them feel inadequate, trying to fix them or trying to impact the outcome. Here are some ways you might “hold space” in everyday life:
• Give people permission to trust their own intuition and wisdom.
• Give people only as much information as they can handle.
• Don’t take their power away.
• Keep your own ego out of it.
• Make them feel safe enough to fail.
• Give guidance and help with humility and thoughtfulness.
• Create a container for complex emotions, fear, trauma, etc.
• Allow them to make different decisions and to have different experiences than you would.
Location: Youth Program Room
Contact Number: (502) 352-2665x205